Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a few weeks it has been!
I've been battling depression - uninvited & unexplained & completely unnecessary depression. But my God is greater and I am victorious!!
Life is very, very busy - 18 hours working at the church as a secretary, about 3 hours as the music director - working about 40 hours teaching people/kids how to play the piano, sing properly or play the violin - prepping for weddings on the weekends, meeting with hope-to-be clients - any housework I can get my body to cooperate with me to do.....
The good thing is that I am able to have these jobs during a time when others are searching for their "next line" of work, trying to make life changes at a time when they thought they were settled in for the duration. I am grateful, if a tad tired.
Mario's still looking for full time work - he's thinking about heading back to school too. He auditioned for a local swing/jazz band - they're pretty big in this area, opening the Detroit jazz festival every year. I just want him to be happy. I told him if he has to travel & starts making some money playing gigs, I'll buy an RV and travel around following him and loving it!!
I'm proud of my family these days too - especially my dad & brother-in-law for trusting God's lead. Lots of things in the prayer-fire today but ultimately I know that God is still on His throne and has the best in mind for me & mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment