Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A poem

Suddenly
by Angel C. Rodriguez, 5/31/09
In a minute I see Your face
I'm surprised and happy to see You
In a minute all time and space
Have disappeared, now I'm here

It isn't what I thought it'd be
Now I touch Your hands
Your arms encircle me
I feel Your breath on my face

One minute I'm contending in faith
Now, a witness to Your glory
Now no need to keep the pace
I am free, in total awe

Oh Lord, my family and the one I love
Holy Spirit help them, it's You they need
Feel Your peace like a gentle dove
Ever grateful for the time we had

It's just a minute, an earthly life
But this, what I see today
The wonder, the majesty, the light
Suddenly I see beginning and the end


I wrote this poem in honor of my friend, Kim Schrandt, who passed away on May 27, 2009. Kim was 35 years old and leaves behind her husband, Doug, and 5 children from age 9 down to 5 months old. She was a homemaker who homeschooled her children, prayed without ceasing and a strong woman of faith. She will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment