Monday, August 23, 2010

A full year?

Can it be? It's been a full year since my last post. I have decided that I do indeed need a place to write my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams. It'll be good for me even if it might be terribly blase and boring for the rest of the world. And if no one ever reads this.

I do hope I'm somewhat interesting though and maybe whatever's going on in my life will help or bless someone else out there in the big, wide world.

I've been working on my memoirs but wondering how to publish them. Working on learning the guitar, keeping on practicing my piano (so I can keep ahead of my students), helping Mario with our DJ business.

So many changes in the past year. So many tears and laughs. I lost another girl friend to cancer, this one to a rare ovarian cancer. Niki was only 30 years old. One minute we were talking about her wedding (which would have been this coming spring), about our music & songs we were writing. The next, I'm helping her pick a dress to be buried in and reading at her funeral. Last year I lost a friend to breast cancer, at the age of 35 she left behind 5 kids & a husband. Kim was strong in her faith and is greatly missed. It's been rough but have learned a lot. A lot about God's will, His faithfulness, His tender care for His children even when it seems awful or wrong or weird.

We recently decided to stop attending services at Joy Community Church (where I am still the financial secretary) and return "home" to Living Word Fellowship. We've only been to about 3 services though since we've been so craaaaazzzzy busy with Mario's Music Company (www.mariosmusiccompany.com). We've had just as many gigs this year as in years past, no recession for us in that department. It keeps us in our house & keeps us fed. We are blessed!

The last week I've been physically exhausted though. Can't figure out why. Sometimes I wonder if I'm depressed again. Last time (the only time) I ever was depressed I had left my corporate job behind and was experiencing horrible bouts of I.B.S. that kept landing me in the ER. I had no idea I was depressed, no idea that my overwhelming desire to sleep all day long was a huge sign. But, I'm not anywhere near that. I'm just seriously fatigued. It can't be my schedule because I had such an easy one these days.

I work at the church 10 hours a week, teaching music lessons on Mondays-Thursdays. I go to a morning ladies' Bible study (started about 4 weeks ago) which will last for another 5 weeks. I feel bad that I have to miss it this week, I have to DJ a company picnic instead - all by myself! Yikes!! We met with our good friend, Tammy, about it this week though & I can already tell it's going to be a lot of fun. As long as I can set up the equipment & have it work properly without Mario helping. LOL

Speaking of the Bible study, I've really been enjoying it. I'm learning that as a student, I still want to just answer the questions instead of really pondering, thinking about them. I'm trying to slow my brain down, let the information soak in. It's fascinating!

Well, I guess that's a good enough catch-up for now. There's lots more but hopefully I'll be better about writing (venting) now....

'Til then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment