Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmastime again

As I sit at the computer this morning, it is so tempting to let the thoughts flying around and through my mind take control of me. But, I've prayed this morning to let the Holy Spirit have His peace and contentment flow through me, especially these next few days.

I was baking (or attempting to) last night and realized I just didn't have enough time to do all that I think I should be doing. I would like to have the same traditions I had with my parents when I was younger, to bake, to have a clean home, to sit by the fire with my cocoa looking at my Christmas tree. But add these things to the way Mario & I have chosen to live - 4 jobs between the 2 of us, very active at church, very social, fun-loving....well, I just can't make it happen. So, I've discovered that I need to let go of the "perfect" life vision I have and enjoy my now, enjoy this moment that the Lord has given me.

Now, this is a lesson I truly do understand and know already but for some reason during this season, I'm taking it to a deeper level. I'm interested to see where the Lord will take me down this path of thought.

So, even if I don't get to bake my favorite Candy Cane cookies or vacuum & dust the house; even if I don't get to stare at my very lovely Christmas tree, I will celebrate the Lord and the Love of my life, the One who cares for me, who brings me true peace & fulfillment. And I will thank Him for all that I have for I am truly grateful and without Him, it just wouldn't be Christmas now, would it?

Smiling, I close with a prayer for all of our family & loved ones this season, that whoever reads this will know that we are praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment