Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What's this feeling?

Today I enjoyed getting up later than I have in the past few days.  I'm gonna have to start forcing myself into an earlier bedtime and an earlier wake up time.  I don't want to be doing that in my first week of school.  LOL
I sat around for a bit then drove up to Kinko's to fax additional documents to the mortgage company.  I've submitted a loan modification request and am praying for favor and for them to approve a modification that we can afford.

After I came home, I trimmed the tree branches of our whatever-that-gorgeous-tree is out in our front landscaping.  My arms always hurt so bad when I do it.  I started it on Monday but since I'd spent the morning at my first yoga class with BFF Heidi, my muscles weren't having any of that.  But I finished it today without too much trouble.  I noticed the past year that when I start a project like that I always feel like I MUST finish it right then and there.  If I don't, I feel lke I've failed somehow.  But, this year I've realized that is a lie straight from the pit and I am only capable of doing what my body can physically handle at that moment.  And it's perfectly okay.

So, I trimmed the tree branches, tidied up the gardening equipment and changed into my bathing suit.  Note to self, it's much easier to begin a sweaty job already wearing the swimsuit.  Because when I'm sweaty & trying to stuff myself into it after the job is finished, it's quite an unnecessary workout.  When I succeeded I went back out & watered our landscaping and our GIANT garden.  The peppers, zucchini, cucumbers & tomatoes are all coming along well.  A bumper crop this year!

Then I peeled the protective tarp (my genius idea) off the inflatable swimming pool I bought and lowered myself into the cool water.  I ignored that the plastic floor and sides were slightly slimy, telling myself that I'd go swimming in a lake and it would be grosser but I'd still do it.  I sat out there for half an hour, soaking up the sun & enjoying the peace & quiet.  I love times like that.



Mario came out to get me so that I wouldn't boil like a lobster and after a shower, I made a little lunch.  Reading the autobiography of actress Ashley Judd and sort of watching TV, I cheered when the USA women's soccer team won their semi-final match.  I don't follow soccer at all but am always proud of any American team that is victorious! 


Well, I'm just sitting here, enjoying my time before I have to go teach at the music store.  And suddenly I feel like crying.  What in the world?!  I hate that.  It happens a lot and I just hate it.  I don't know what it means or why it happens.  I can't always shake it with a prayer or a pep talk either.  It's incredibly annoying.  So, now I've talked/written it out and I'm sure I'll revisit the topic in future blogs.  For now, I haven't got the time or the energy to deal with this nonsense.

Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with the photos! =) Next time have Mario take the picture with you lounging in the slimy pool. haha.

    I don't know what's more annoying crying for unknown reasons or like me crying today for the same old reason that I have already spent oceans of tears on and it is so old and ridiculous, ENOUGH ALREADY! =)

    Love ya; miss ya too!! x0x0, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Jessie. I'm learning about the photo insertion. I love that you noticed that. ;-) And I'm glad you caught the little resisting-the-OCD-part of the slimy pool....LOL

    I don't know what's more annoying either; I think I cry too much about too much but it's apparently the way I'm made. Grr.

    Love you too & miss you most!!

    ReplyDelete